Cora Lynn Heimer Rathbone
Cora Lynn Heimer Rathbone
About Cora Lynn Heimer Rathbone
Giving business leaders and organisations the skills to outperform
As a business leader you’ll know that aligning your people behind your personal and organisational ambitions can be a challenge. How do you shape that strategy? How do you get your teams to ‘buy in’? And how do you equip them to deliver in a way that leads to sustainable growth? Not easy. But it’s where my experience and approach can help.
How I can help you
I bring a global and multicultural point of view, a fresh perspective that stems both from my Cuban birthplace and from living and working all across the world. I don’t work in niches: so you get the benefit of my extensive experience combined with an approach that’s edgy yet pragmatic. I can work with you and your teams to:
- Equip, develop and engage your people to achieve your organisational ambitions
- Shape and refresh your strategy – broadening and deepening buy-in through the process
- Assess and reinforce the foundations of profitable and sustainable growth for your business
I have a 30-year senior-level track record of delivering results. I’m passionate about facilitating team-crafted strategy to take businesses to new heights, developing and coaching business leaders and teams to create unique cultures and deliver strategy, and equipping organisations to outperform. And as a Fellow chartered management accountant, I understand how all this impacts on the all-important numbers. I’ve worked with corporates, owner-managed SMEs and 3rd sector organisations. I’ve held senior roles in business, business schools and global consultancies. I’m a published thought-leader. I offer you broad sectoral experience: Finance, Pharma, Beauty, Energy, Engineering, Built Environment, Telecoms, IT, Manufacturing.
Within the context of Leadership Development and Engaging Employees I have personally:
- Invested over 15,000 hours in face-to-face programme delivery with more than 5000 managers, executives and business leaders – helping them work more collaboratively, think more clearly, deliver operationally and strategically and achieve sustainable results.
- Executive coached several hundred senior leaders and managers, raising their self-awareness, energising them to add greater value at a personal and organisational level.
- Worked with intact teams to help them develop greater trust, clarity of collective aims, leverage their diversity, resolve conflict and become even more high-performing.
More broadly, I have:
- Won, grown and delivered complex, multi-year leadership and management development assignments for industry leading companies (including L’Oréal, EDF, British Nuclear, Oracle, Orange France Telecom, Virgin Mobile, AAH Pharmaceuticals, Novartis and Honda). I have consistently tracked return on investment, in one case delivering an ROI of 100%+ within six months of fulfilling a senior leadership programme in an energy company.
- Facilitated and documented multiple top-team strategic plans in corporates, SMEs and 3rd sector organisations. One privately-owned SME achieved 180% net profit and 130% turnover growth against the industry’s declining margins, and growth of 63% in the same period. From this experience I’ve been published as a thought leader: several articles and three books (The Planning Roundabout, Executive Development Journeys, Ready for Change?).
- Restructured teams for greater accountability by changing the business model, developing existing clients and winning new client commissions. As a result, with one team we achieved revenue growth of over 60% in the first 9 months of a turnaround.