Develop a Winning Mindset
Developing the right mind-set is critical for being successful as a business entrepreneur. One of the key mind-set issues for a successful business owner is being clear about what sort of business you are building.
In essence there are 3 types of businesses that owner managers can create:
- The majority have little more than a job. They work long hours and would never work as an employee for another company for the amount they are drawing in earnings and dividends. They console themselves that they are independent and have their own company. They hope that things will get better but they most often do not.
- Then there are those that have a lifestyle business. They do not wish to sell their company. They may have a business that is just too dependent on them to be of interest to an informed buyer. However, they have developed a business model which gives them significant earnings to invest in their interests and passions.
- Finally there are those business owners who set out with the goal of creating a business which is a valuable asset and which can be marketed and sold in the future to achieve a premium value.
- They have systemised their company so that it is does not depend on them to operate on a day to day basis.
- They have documented the processes and procedures and built a capable and complementary management team.
- Marketing and lead generation methods have been developed to achieve predictable results and to support future growth.
- In short they have developed a business that creates significant wealth for the shareholders and they set out with the mind-set of achieving just that.
Which of the 3 types of business do you have today? Decide which type of business you would like to build in the future. Take the first step in that direction. If you would like help in developing a business that is a valuable asset, we will work with you to develop a Profitable Growth Action Plan that covers all the key areas in your business. Take a closer look at how your business will benefit from this (click through to landing page on the Business Audit). Take the first step and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information on the Business Audit.