About Brian Walder
Developing sustainable profitability in Hazardous, Industrial, Harsh, & Life Safety markets
Utilising 30 years’ experience as a Sales, Marketing and Managing Director, I work with senior management teams to identify opportunities for competitive advantage & profitable growth, develop action plans, and provide on-site support, on a consultant or interim basis, to deliver sustainable results.
As a specialist company you’ll know first-hand the challenges involved in operating in a competitive niche market. You’ll also know that being clear about your objectives is the key to achieve sustainable results. The reality, of course, is that this isn’t always easy to do.
How I can help you
I help businesses like yours to find the best way to achieve your goals. My approach is simple: I ask questions, listen and use my market knowledge and experience to give honest, expert advice on what I’ve seen and heard.
We’ll then work together to identify your priorities and the right tools to achieve prompt and effective results. And we’ll build a sustainable framework to track progress against your objectives.
With an in-depth knowledge and understanding of global markets and technology trends in Oil and Gas, hazardous, industrial, harsh and fire safety applications. My experience includes operations, new product development, product launch, manufacturing, marketing and sales. For the past 20 years I have had full P&L responsibility as an MD in both owner-managed SMEs and corporates.
Examples of my client portfolio and experience:
- Doubled the sales and profitability of an owner managed SME, specialising in Hazardous (Ex) instrumentation.
- Developed a specialised instrumentation business for sale and realised excellent returns for the family and shareholders and ensured the retention of key personnel and expertise for future investment and growth.
- Developed a restructuring plan and put in place robust processes in sales, customer service and operations, at a UK based, major US manufacturer, to reduce costs and increase profitability by 20% to £4M.
- Devised and implemented a three year strategic plan, based on in-depth market, product and competitor analysis, to achieve 10% annual growth in sales and profit.
- Identified, acquired and merged businesses and product lines into the core company to develop incremental revenue and profitability.